[Open-scap] IR7831 Remediation in OpenSCAP

Kent_Landfield at mcafee.com Kent_Landfield at mcafee.com
Mon Mar 25 13:32:52 UTC 2013

While I have no problem with wanting to advance CRE, it is far from something that will be available worldwide. CRE is not much more than a pipe dream at this point. It was a draft idea that has been around for years and has not gone far.

I commend the open-scap effort for expanding the remediation capabilities of XCCDF and hope that shortly they can be introduced into the actual XCCDF specification so they can be adopted as a part of any SCAP developed component.  Remediation has been a problem for the community and sometimes it just takes an example of how it can be done within the existing specifications to break the logjam.

This is the beginning, not the end of effort I hope.  But just making a CRE entry will not make your solution available worldwide.

Kent Landfield

McAfee | An Intel Company
Direct: +1.972.963.7096
Mobile: +1.817.637.8026