[Open-scap] Generating XCCDF from OVAL

Hello SCAPers,

It could happen to you that you had an OVAL file and you needed to
generate a very simple XCCDF document from it. The XCCDF document, would
only serve as the execution bed for the OVAL. That is helpful, when your
tools understand only the XCCDF and not the OVAL (Spacewalk for example).

I have written an XSLT transformation which can generate minimalistics
XCCDF from yours OVAL files. I am herewith submitting that XSLT under
attachment for your perusal. Usage:

  $ xsltproc --stringparam ovalfile $OVAL  \
      oval-to-xccdf.xslt $OVAL \
      | xmllint --format -

Best regards,

--