Re: [Open-scap] help with SCE content creation

On 5/13/13 4:44 AM, Simon Lukasik wrote:
On 05/11/2013 03:06 AM, Shawn Wells wrote:
>I'm trying to create SCE checks and receiving a 'notchecked' status with
>"No candidate or applicable check found" in my results.xml. Below is my
>code, any pointers would be fantastic!

[snip]

Hello Shawn,

This message is crucial:

>>       <message severity="info">No candidate or applicable check
>>found.</message>
It says that the OpenSCAP could not execute the check, because none of
the checks were supported. That is decided, based on the @system
attribute of each <check> for a given <Rule>.

Are You sure, the `oscap` command of yours support SCE?

     $ oscap --version | grep  'Script check engine'

If not, You need to re-build OpenSCAP with

     ./configure --enable-SCE

Fedora ships OpenSCAP with enabled SCE by default.

Ah, that's likely the issue. I'm on RHEL:
[shawn rhel6 checks]$ cat /etc/redhat-release ; rpm -qv openscap-utils
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.4 (Santiago)
openscap-utils-0.9.3-1.el6.x86_64