[Open-scap] libccrapi build issue when building as 64-bit.

jacob varughese jacob.varughese at oracle.com
Tue May 14 21:28:31 UTC 2013

On 5/10/2013 1:11 PM, Jacob Varughese wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to build openscap on solaris 5.11 64-bit and ran into an issue,
> src/OVAL/probes/crapi/Makefile has -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=32.
> This causes a conflict with /usr/include/sys/feature_tests.h:200
>
> "invalid _FILE_OFFSET_BITS value specified"
>
> Any reason why the _FILE_OFFSET_BITS is set in the Makefile to 32.
>
> crapi.h has  _FILE_OFFSET_BITS = 32 if not defined.

For building solaris 64-bit binaries, I was intending to change the
Makefile.am -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64, due to the conflict listed above.
Are there any known issues with using this. Is that why
-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=32 is hardcoded in the Makefile?
Any information in this regard is appreciated.

Thank you,
Jacob.