[Open-scap] evr; return codes

Maria Kedovskaya kmn at altx-soft.ru
Fri Nov 8 05:59:49 UTC 2013

Hello,
I have a few question. The first is about parameter evr in dpkginfo_state and rpminfo_state. In one of this states there is such caption: This represents the epoch, version, and release fields as a single version string. It has the form "EPOCH:VERSION-RELEASE". Note that a null epoch (or '(none)' as returned by rpm) is equivalent to '0' and would hence have the form 0:VERSION-RELEASE. Comparisons involving this datatype should follow the algorithm of librpm's rpmvercmp() function. ( http://oval.mitre.org/language/version5.10.1/ovaldefinition/documentation/linux-definitions-schema.html ). My question is if absence of colon is should be replaced with 0: in both of this states in openscap. Now I have such result: for example the test which check that httpd package is less than or equal to 17.0.7+build1-0ubuntu0.12.04.1 returns true if httpd version 1:24.1.0+build1-0ubuntu0.12.04.1 is installed.

The second is about return codes. As I understand openscap has 3 return codes:
0 - all "pass"
1- at least one "error"
2 - at lest one "false"/"unknown"/"unselected".
Tell me please what for point 2 was maid if "false" is also good result of configuration.

With Best Regards,
Maria Mikhno (Kedovskaya)
Altex-Soft
kmn at altx-soft.ru | altx-soft.ru | altex-soft.com