[Open-scap] Blog post about XCCDF Tailoring

Shawn Wells shawn at redhat.com
Tue Nov 12 17:21:32 UTC 2013

On 11/12/13, 11:56 AM, Martin Preisler wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> >good job
>> >definitely interesting.
>> >I wonder if you could be able to explain this in a more structured way
>> >as a Use Case
> A use case is outlined in the blog post, it's very generic though, because
> it uses openscap unit testing content.
>
> What kind of use case would you like to see? Or would you simply prefer
> to have the content represent a real world scenario (i.e. just changing
> the titles and descriptions)?

As an idea:

The SSG community works with the U.S. Military to form something called
the Security Technical Implementation Guide for RHEL6 (aka, RHEL6 STIG).
Configuration settings reflect DoD CIO approved settings. Individual
commands, such as the Army, are able to refine these controls within
reason (e.g. increase password length requirements for U.S. Army systems).

IMO, it would be very useful to demonstrate loading the core SSG
content, adjusting refine-values, and saving a custom XCCDF.