[Open-scap] Running the RHEL6 SSG content on a RHEL5 System

Matthew Mariani mmariani at redhat.com
Fri Nov 15 20:31:14 UTC 2013

Hi List,

Has anyone tried installing/running oscap on a RHEL5 system? It installed ok, but when I ran it all tests evaluated as 'notapplicable'. I'm not sure if that's expected given this isn't a RHEL6 box or if there's a path to get this running. If anyone has experience, please do share.

Thanks,
-Matt

Output Ex:
-----------------------------
[root at rhel5client ~]# more /etc/redhat-release
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.10 (Tikanga)
[root at rhel5client ~]# oscap xccdf eval --profile rht-ccp \
--results /root/`hostname`-ssg-results.xml \
--report /root/`hostname`-ssg-results.html \
/usr/share/xml/scap/ssg/content/ssg-rhel6-xccdf.xml
Title Ensure /tmp Located On Separate Partition
Rule partition_for_tmp
Ident CCE-26435-8
Result notapplicable

Title Ensure /var Located On Separate Partition
Rule partition_for_var
Ident CCE-26639-5
Result notapplicable

Matthew Mariani