[Open-scap] I have installed openscap-0.9.12 successfully and share my record experience.

Simon Lukasik slukasik at redhat.com
Mon Oct 7 09:40:53 UTC 2013

On 10/04/2013 06:13 PM, You-Chih Wu wrote:
> Dear Sir...
>          Firstly, I must thank you for providing the way(Reply on 01
> October 2013) to solve.(Even though I ever had done before and follow
> direction you pointed out on Oct. 1st., but I still failed to pass).
>          Next, besides downloading from the fixed git, I also change the
> language of "Region & Languate" from "settings" in "utilities" to
> "English(United States)".
>          3rd, I decide to install "GNU Automake 1.14" due to messages
> among the compiling process showed "missing automake-1.11"ever.But,
> after rebooting , it still failed.
>          After all above, I change language to "English(US)" and install
> "GNU Automake 1.14". The result is still failed on "test_probes_runlevel".
>          I decide to yum install *PACKAGES* (which list in the README)
> again. It is done.
>
>          However, thank you for your solution in real-time.

Hello You-Chih,

Thank You for your report.

I want to make sure that you know that we have openscap RPM package
distributed along Fedora. You can install openscap by running

   # yum install openscap openscap-util

command as a root. Further, if you want to run the test-suite of
openscap, you can do so by following commands:

   $ yumdownloader --source openscap
   # yum-builddep openscap-0.9.12-1.fc19.src.rpm
   $ rpmbuild --rebuild --with check openscap-0.9.12-1.fc19.src.rpm

I hope you can have much smoother experience with these commands!

Best regards!

--
Simon Lukasik
Security Technologies