[Open-scap] v1.0.4 string "hard" conversion problem

Simon Lukasik slukasik at redhat.com
Fri Feb 21 16:23:00 UTC 2014

On 02/20/2014 03:46 PM, Rodrian, Logan P (IS) wrote:
> Simon-
>
> I ran with the --oval-result flag and the "ssg-rhel6-oval.xml.result.xml" file does not contain 'hard' in the characteristics section, only in the test definition sections, namely looking at limits.conf and such.

Hello Logan, I have tried to reproduce this issue on the fresh rhel6,
but it didn't exhibit. I explicitly tried oval-definitions which query
the limits.conf with no luck.

Hence, I conclude the world hard must be present somewhere on your
system. OpenSCAP picks it and based on the content it compares it as
integer.

> Shawn-
>
> The error prints near the end of the execution, so my guess is it is caused by a particular rule, but I cannot confirm this.

The errors are almost always printed at the end.

--
Simon Lukasik
Security Technologies, Red Hat, Inc.