[Open-scap] Mommy, where do openscap repos come from?

Greg Elin gregelin at gitmachines.com
Thu Sep 4 16:49:15 UTC 2014

Thanks Simon and Petr.

The specific context of installing on Amazon's Linux raised the larger question.

I thought I was installing OpenSCAP on Centos via EPEL. But I was wrong. It is coming from a Centos repo. (Away from desk so don't have specific.)

I am not in favor of random rpm's Martin. It certainly made sense to me to try and install OpenSCAP on Amazon Linux and see what would happen. But since the OpenSCAP repo was not even being found, it was clear I did not understand OpenSCAP install process as well as I thought!

Best solution is to have Amazon include OpenSCAP. I think we could make a case to Amazon engineers.

Greg Elin
P: 917-304-3488
E:  gregelin at gitmachines.com

Sent from my iPhone