[Open-scap] Issue with XCCDF variable set-value not being passed to SCE

Michal Srubar msrubar at redhat.com
Wed Aug 19 11:27:03 UTC 2015

On 07/31/2015 07:13 PM, Jacob Varughese wrote:
> Hi All,
>         Found an issue with XCCDF variable set-value overrides not
> being passed to SCE script. The refine-value is being
> passed to XCCDF, but not the set-value override. Attaching the sample
> xccdf and sce script.
>
> When you run oscap xccdf eval --result result.xml --profile Baseline
> --report report.html xccdf.xml
> The result.xml shows the variable Value_1 is set to fail (done using
> refine-value in Baseline profile).

The '--result' option is probably not right. Did you mean '--results'?
> When you run oscap xccdf eval --result result.xml --profile Layered
> --report report.html xccdf.xml
> The result.xml shows the variable Value_1 is set to fail (done using
> refine-value).
> The result.xml should have showed Value_1 is set to pass (done using
> the set-value in the Layered Profile).

I'm not able to reproduce it with oscap 1.2.5. When I tried:

$ oscap xccdf eval --results result.xml --profile Layered --report
report.html xccdf.xml

I got <set-value idref="Value.1">pass</set-value> in the <TestResult>
element in result.xml.

> Also related to the above if you generate the report.
> When processing <title> elements whose content includes
> a <sub> where the idref is to a Value, the <set-value>
> overrides are somehow ignored.  This messes up the html
> report.
This is probably a bug.