[Open-scap] Make check errors on SUSE

S, Gautam gautams at hpe.com
Wed Mar 16 10:35:12 UTC 2016

Hi folks,

I am building and trying to test openscap on SLES SP3. Upon running "make check", there are a few places where the test cases fail.

1)      Process58 probe failures

Making check in process58
make[3]: Entering directory `/root/SSG-Build/openscap/tests/probes/process58'
make  check-TESTS
make[4]: Entering directory `/root/SSG-Build/openscap/tests/probes/process58'

+ Ensure that selinux_domain_label is collected               [ WARN ]
+ Ensure that tty number is translated into name              [ FAIL ]
+ Ensure loguid return unsigned int (cat /proc/ID/loginuid)   [ FAIL ]
+ Ensure sessionid is correct                                 [ FAIL ]
+ Ensure capabilities with OVAL 5.11                          [ FAIL ]
+ Ensure that command_line is collected                       [ FAIL ]
See tests/probes/process58/tests_probes_process88.log.

FAIL: all.sh
1 of 1 tests failed
Please report to open-scap-list at redhat.com
make[4]: *** [check-TESTS] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/root/SSG-Build/openscap/tests/probes/process58'
make[3]: *** [check-am] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/root/SSG-Build/openscap/tests/probes/process58'
make[2]: *** [check-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/SSG-Build/openscap/tests/probes'
make[1]: *** [check-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/SSG-Build/openscap/tests'
make: *** [check-recursive] Error 1

The log file contains a segmentation fault and what appears to be a sed command syntax error (???).

2)      Run-level probe failures

Making check in runlevel
make[3]: Entering directory `/root/SSG-Build/openscap/tests/probes/runlevel'
make  check-TESTS
make[4]: Entering directory `/root/SSG-Build/openscap/tests/probes/runlevel'

+ test_probes_runlevel_A                                      [ WARN ]
+ test_probes_runlevel_B                                      [ FAIL ]
+ test_probes_runlevel_C                                      [ FAIL ]
See tests/probes/runlevel/test_probes_runlevel.log.

FAIL: test_probes_runlevel.sh
1 of 1 tests failed
Please report to open-scap-list at redhat.com

None of the OVAL definitions are evaluated to True/False as I am seeing in RHEL. Evaluation throws error.

I am seeing that definitions using run-levels seem to not get evaluated correctly outside the context of the test as well. I have used the SSG OVAL file for RHEL here to illustrate this. Irrespective of sshd state, the definition returns true:

# oscap oval eval --id oval:ssg-service_sshd_disabled:def:1 sles11-oval.xml
Definition oval:ssg-service_sshd_disabled:def:1: true
Evaluation done.
# chkconfig --list sshd
sshd                      0:off  1:off  2:off  3:on   4:off  5:on   6:off
#
# chkconfig sshd on
# chkconfig --list sshd
sshd                      0:off  1:off  2:off  3:on   4:off  5:on   6:off
# oscap oval eval --id oval:ssg-service_sshd_disabled:def:1 sles11-oval.xml
Definition oval:ssg-service_sshd_disabled:def:1: true
Evaluation done.

Attaching both the log file to this mail.
Thank you.

Regards,
Gautam