[Open-scap] rsyslog and syslog-ng issue in Debian 8

Marek Haicman mhaicman at redhat.com
Wed Aug 29 19:33:08 UTC 2018

Hah, that one is funny :) Good catch Dhanushka. Basically what what
these rules are trying to achieve is to have logging on your system. So
either of those is enough to fulfill that.

If you don't mind, could you create PR removing one of the pairs from
the profile [1]? I am not Debian user, so I don't know which one is
default/recommended. It should be in line with OS recommendation. Just
beware - if the recommended syslog is syslog-ng, then it's probably
appropriate to also remove all rsyslog-related rules in other ANSSI
levels (I have seen some in `average`)

Thanks,
Marek

[1]