Re: [OS:N:] The Case for Linux in Universities

Michael Tiemann wrote:
I don't believe I have seen this on the list before, but it is one of the better pages I've seen on the topic. It's also a great example of putting thought into action. ...

<http://www.kegel.com/linux/edu/case.html>

Thanks for the kind words! The paper has already been translated into Spanish, and just now someone asked permission to translate it into hindi, telugu, and tamil!

BTW I gave a talk on this subject at the Southern California Linux Expo
last week; the slides and streaming video are up at http://www.kegel.com/linux/edu

I'm following up by hosting a round table discussion on the
12th in Los Angeles with the Red Hat road trip crew and a bunch
of local univerity sysadmins.  Details at http://www.lalugs.org/roundtable.html
My goal with the roundtable is to achieve some consensus on
what it will take to make Linux irresistable to universities.

It's a very exciting time to be a Linux advocate - lots of good news.
- Dn