Re: [OS:N:] Re: Linux in Schools (cont'd)

On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, Dan Kegel wrote:

> Jens Hardings wrote:
> > On Fri, 2003-01-10 at 14:39, ekunin wrote:
> >
> >>Rightly or wrongly I sense hostility in some posts. One fellow put me on his
> >>"kill list". I'm not sure what that is, but it doesn't sound friendly.
>
> The term is 'killfile'.  The email client ignores all messages
> from people listed in that file.  This is useful for
> dealing with people who are consistantly annoying
> or off-topic.
> - Dan

Also called a "Twit File". I think that came out of the MUD community.
Ie. there used to be a command used somthing like "twit <username>" and
you would no longer see anything that person typed. That person was
notified that (s)he has been "twitted". :) I always liked that term.
Somewhat whimsical.

Anyway, from the Jargon File:
http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/jargon/html/entry/kill-file.html

And no I am not implying that I think Ed is a twit. :)

--
 /odd Warner                                    <taw {redhat,pobox}.com>