Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 07:12:58 -0500 (EST)
From: Todd Warner <taw redhat com>
To: OsSNOW RedHat <open-source-now-list redhat com>
Subject: Re: [OS:N:] apps

How can you help?

Documentation is a big one.
Criticism! User testing.
Make it easier to set up.
We folks at Red Hat love to see packaging done. Help make it dead simple
to install via rpm, deb, etc.

I keep thinking that when I get a better handle on some of this stuff
that I could definitely contribute to documentation.  Most Linux documentation is apparently written by Unix developers whose vocabulary is not quite the same as mine.  So...I would, eventually like to contribute to more "newbie-ized" or user-friendly docs, etc.
I honestly wouldn't know the first thing to do as far as packaging goes.
BUT, I am good at trying to use stuff and then b*&%#ing on the lists!  :)
I kinda have been hoping that my site would, if anything, help educators to learn
about the benefits of OSS.  I get about 300 page views a day...oddly enough, no one ever leaves any messages on my forums, though.  I do get e-mails from time to time from educators looking for info or trying to find apps for specific purposes.

tony

http://www.School-Library.net Read, Connect, Learn!

There are always lots of things a non-developer can do.