Re: [OS:N:] Re: yes it's gone on long enough

On Wed, 2003-01-15 at 11:25, Dan Kegel wrote:
> Indeed.  As they say in bars at closing time,
> "You don't have to go home, but you CAN'T STAY HERE!"
>
> If Ed doesn't wise up, he needs to be banned from this list.

Now how would this help the world?  For all that it is Ed is well
meaning with a differing opinion on how things should be done.

To kick him off the list for proposing a valid point that you (and most
of us) disagree with would be a very pathetic example of how the open
source community embraces diversity.

Ed's biggest single failure seems to be his failure to understand that
it is possible to have multiple competing Linux distributions that are
completely compatible.

Which makes his argument much closer to "wouldn't it be better to have a
Linux distro for the every day end user".  To which I think we can all
safely say a resounding yes.  Moreover we can probably suggest a few of
the easier to use Linux distros (Red Hat 8.0, Mandrake 9.0, Lindows)
that are moving toward such goals.

Ed, I am sorry for jumping to a quick conclusion myself.

Chris

--
"As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances,
there is a twilight when everything remains seemingly unchanged. And it is in