[OS:N:] Why Microsoft was right about Linux

This is interesting.  I always love when I am reminded of some things
that Microsoft says.

http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1107-981981.html

Yes, they were right about Linux.  Yes, they are right about open
source.

Stallman has claimed that the whole purpose of GNU GPL is nothing more
than a hack on the world.

This article is of course wrong about GPL = Open Source.  Gates is right
though.  A GPL is an "an intellectual-property destroyer."

Their are dozens of licenses that allow for creating intellectual
property from an open source project.  Examples:  Open Office/Star
Office, Mozilla/Netscape, MySQL/MySQL.

- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759