[Osdc-edu-authors] Article posted, and calendar

Greg DeKoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Tue Apr 6 19:21:10 UTC 2010

Oops, pulled the trigger on this note a little early.

On Tue, 6 Apr 2010, Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:

> c. Remy's article about Luis Villa's "community of FOSS lawyers" posted in
> the law channel.  Seems like the point is to +1 the idea that hackers can be
> knowledgeable about the law -- but I don't see enough of a hook for education
> here.  Can you...

...rework this piece somehow to put "education" a little more front in
center?  The theme is "reviewing legal stuff is not just for
lawyers-in-training, but for everyone-in-training," but you bury it in the
last few paragraphs.  Bring it up front.

Your civx/hacktivist stuff makes you a killer on this topic.  This article
could be a great one for us -- but it has to have an edu-first focus.
Maybe we can work on this together when you have time?

--g

--
Educational materials should be high-quality, collaborative, and free.
Visit http://opensource.com/education and join the conversation.