[Osdc-edu-authors] TOS Suggested Article: RPI FOSS Practices Course

Matthew Jadud mjadud at allegheny.edu
Mon Aug 23 11:03:15 UTC 2010

On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 21:47, Luis Ibanez <luis.ibanez at kitware.com> wrote:
> I would appreciate your comments regarding
> form and content, particularly to make sure
> that it matches the style and tone of previous
> posts.

Hi Luis,

I would encourage you to present the steps or approaches that are now
being taken to improve the course. Specifically, you break out
pedagogic problems that have been experienced all the way through the
third iteration of the course, but you did not offer any indication
that steps are being taken to address these problems. Expanding the
article in that way would improve it in my eyes.

That was the largest recommendation I would make; anything smaller was
eclipsed by my desire to see how the challenges were being addressed.

Cheers,
Matt