[Osdc-edu-authors] Hello & other things (like stats!)

Mary Bitter mbitter at redhat.com
Tue Jul 20 17:24:34 UTC 2010

Hello to All!

First, a short introduction -- my name is Mary Ann Bitter and I work
with the Brand team here at Red Hat as the project manager of the design
team and have done so for about three years.  As of recently, I've been
asked to also work with the EDU channel to help you all continuously
publish articles with ease.  So what does that mean?  If you have an
idea for an article, ready to publish an article, have an idea for a
potential author, need a graphic for your article etc. --- I am your
person.  I am here to help so don't be shy -- email me.  Some of you I
know and some of you I don't.  Please feel free to shoot me an email
introducing yourself and what you are all about -- actually, I
encourage. I'd love to know more about each of you.

I've attached the weekly stats for OSDC (for last week).  If this
interests you all, I will continue to publish this weekly to this list.
(If not, just scream.  :-) ) The attached report highlights things like
the top 10 OSDC pages, top 5 articles for the week, metrics by channel
etc. In case you hate opening pdfs or already have too much to review, I
pulled out some top level stats pertinent to the EDU channel bulleted
below.

For the week of 7/12:
 1. The EDU home page was the 5th most visited page last week with 456
page views
 2. The EDU channel overall had 1,094 page views (for reference, Life had
    8,696; Business had 2,911; Law had 1,463; Governement had 350)
 3. One new EDU article was published last week written by Heather
James, Crafting and open web qualification
<http://opensource.com/education/10/6/crafting-open-web-qualification>,
which received 141 page views

I'm excited to work with each of you!  Let me know if you have any
articles up your sleeve or ideas for articles and I'll get it on the
calendar.

happy writing.
Mary Ann

--