[Osdc-edu-authors] Happy Monday from OSDC/edu. :)

Greg DeKoenigbserg gdk at redhat.com
Mon Mar 1 16:09:16 UTC 2010

Hello, authors!  Let's take a look at the schedule, and see how we're
doing.

http://opensource.com/education/authors-schedule

Hmm.  This week looks suspiciously empty, as does next -- partly because
no one but me/Mel can edit this page, which is a FAIL condition that I'm
looking to remedy.

In the meantime, let's get some commitments.  Does anyone have an idea
they'd like to expound on, either this week or next?

In the slack weeks, I'm very likely to run the "RESPOND TO ME!" story once
or twice, which basically goes something like this:

1. Greg checks his Google alerts for "open source education" and "open
source textbook" and the like.

2. Greg writes 3-5 paragraphs, expressing a viewpoint, concluding with
Proposition X.

3. Greg ends his article with "what do you think of Proposition X?"

4. Greg tells everyone he knows about the article, and hand-picks one or
two people to respond, to make sure that no article sits there with zero

5. Profit!  Er... hits!

This is a format that any of us can use.  I want to be careful that we
don't turn into a site with nothing but these kinds of articles, but I'm
perfectly happy to run with them from time to time.

--g

--
Educational materials should be high-quality, collaborative, and free.
Visit http://opensource.com/education and join the conversation.