Re: [Osdc-edu-authors] Article idea, need a hand. :)

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 7:40 PM, Karsten Wade <kwade redhat com> wrote:
On Tue, Nov 02, 2010 at 07:04:21PM -0400, Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:
> I don't know who's familiar with "Full Marks", but it's an awesome project
> that comes from Mark Horner of Siyavula fame:
>
> http://www.markhorner.net/2010/10/27/fullmarks-first-milestone/
>
> Basically, the idea is open assessment banks.  If anyone has a few minutes,
> read about it and think:
>
> "If I could ask Mark one question about fullmarks, what would it be?"
>
> I'd like to collect these and then do a quick "Five Questions" article with
> Mark.  I'd come up with the questions myself, but (a) I know too much about
> the project already, and (b) I'm wicked short on time, so this is kinda the
> lazy way.  ;)
>
> Ready, steady... GO!

The zero question we need answered, which is a free one, is, "What is
FullMarks and how is it an example of the open source way in action?"

Then, my real question-that-counts is, "What is the biggest block
(physical, legal, mental, etc.) that keeps teachers from taking one
look at this and jumping in with both feet?"

I'm also curious if their intent is to fill fullmarks.org.za with just
South African-assessed content?  Should each country/state/city setup
their own?  (I see the site code is GPL, content is CC BY.)  If we are
supposed to setup or parse by country/region, can content be ported
easily between site instances?

OK, those last are just my community curiosity, probably not good osdc
questions.

No, I'd say those are pretty good questions.  :)

--g