Re: [Osdc-edu-authors] Article idea, need a hand. :)

Stupid Google reply-to-nobody.  My note to Matt:

"Actually, I may very well ask a variant of that question.  I'm sure he's heard it before and has a cogent answer for it."

--g

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 8:24 PM, Matthew Jadud <mjadud allegheny edu> wrote:
Hi Greg,

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 19:04, Greg DeKoenigsberg
<greg dekoenigsberg gmail com> wrote:
> "If I could ask Mark one question about fullmarks, what would it be?"
> I'd like to collect these and then do a quick "Five Questions" article with

I'll bite.

"Mark, does FullMarks encourage teachers to create the best kind of
learning opportunities for their students? If so, why? If not, why
not?"

Personally, I can't stand the test-driven mentality that has permeated
education today. I feel that any site that makes it easier to deliver
tests (implying teachers convey information to learners, who then have
to demonstrate that they retained that information) has to do a great
deal to convince me that it brings anything of value to the
conversation. But that's only if I'm feeling grumpy, and admittedly,
I'm a little grumpy today. As a result, the question may be biased or
no good, and I freely admit to that.

Cheers,
Matt