Re: [Osdc-edu-authors] What I'm working on this week:

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 04:55:19PM -0500, Matthew Jadud wrote:
> Hi Greg,
>
> On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 16:48, Greg DeKoenigsberg
> <greg dekoenigsberg gmail com> wrote:
> > 3. "Would you teach your kids using just OER?"  I think this could be a
> > great discussion article that I'll be working on in the next day or two.
> > "Hey, you know all the money that the government pays to put your kid
> > through school?  Let's suppose that someone offered you that money to teach
> > your child using nothing but OER.  Would your kid get a good education?"
> > Looking at the latest and greatest of OER, including things like the
> > Connexions and OER Commons and the Khan Academy.  Probably a bit of a
> > rabble-rousing piece.
>
> You write that, and I'll write the followup/counterpoint article.
> Sounds like fun.

If it helps, I just put out a question to a nationwide, large home
education mailing list I'm on.  I'm asking if anyone is using
exclusively OER, or at least 90%.  I doubt there will be that high of
a %, because many folks who aren't super remote like to have classes
with their community, church, etc.  I'll let you know what turns up.

- Karsten