[Osdc-edu-authors] First draft: remixing Euclid

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Tue Nov 23 15:50:19 UTC 2010

>     Thought: what about sharing a draft with Joyce, and asking if he'd
>     like to announce the release of his version under the CC (and code
>     under the GPL) as a show of support?
>
> I was indeed considering that.  Are you saying I should consider it more
> strongly and immediately?

What if you pitched it to him as a call-to-action on updating the
javascript, and offered to set up a ticket tracker where he could list
the things he'd like done in advance of the article publication, plus
hosting for the .js? Basically, set him up to be open-sourced with the
most minimal infrastructure possible - although I'm not sure how
familiar Joyce would be with those tools himself.

--Mel