Re: [Osdc-edu-authors] First draft: remixing Euclid

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 10:50 AM, Mel Chua <mel redhat com> wrote:
   Thought: what about sharing a draft with Joyce, and asking if he'd
   like to announce the release of his version under the CC (and code
   under the GPL) as a show of support?

I was indeed considering that.  Are you saying I should consider it more
strongly and immediately?

What if you pitched it to him as a call-to-action on updating the _javascript_, and offered to set up a ticket tracker where he could list the things he'd like done in advance of the article publication, plus hosting for the .js? Basically, set him up to be open-sourced with the most minimal infrastructure possible - although I'm not sure how familiar Joyce would be with those tools himself.

A good idea, but I don't want to be writing checks that I can't cash.   I've got more than enough commitments already.

--g