[Osdc-edu-authors] open.umich.edu

Thanks for the thread, Jason. (Sorry for the new one, I deleted before
knowing I'd have something to reply to.)

I really liked the video with Dr. Paul Courant, Dean of Libraries.

Here's a simple idea, that I can suggest but cannot do myself right now.

The video is labeled CC BY, meaning we can use it or add some value on
top.

What if someone transcribed the video to be published as an article
on opensource.com? (With the video embedded, naturally.) Our
transcription would be CC BY SA, and so could be remixed with the
video, translated, and so forth. We'd get an article out of it, to
start.

We could pursue a new, stand-alone interview but ... I hate to bother
Dr. Courant when he already has said what I'd like to see in
opensource.com and so kindly licensed it in a way we can use it, in
perfect alignment with his own words. It's also a low-cost
(time-to-article) for us that can have the double-effect of catching U
of M's attention. Someone there should be writing here!

- Karsten
team:   Red Hat Community Architecture & Leadership