Re: [Osdc-edu-authors] PROGRESS!

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 02:56:22PM -0400, Matthew Jadud wrote:

> I'm now going to move on and find a
> way to share some audio from the SIGCSE interviews, so that I can get
> those rolling next.

So I'm presuming that you are both busy and not secretly an audio
engineer fanatic. (That's not true for me, I REALLY want to learn
audio production but don't have time, so I also would hire out this
part.)

What if we have some budget to pay a professional to do post
production on your recordings? This would be cleaning up, any edits to
make things smooth, providing a common intro and outro, and making the
audio levels for all that to not jar the listener. (Probably more than
that, but I'm just pulling out a few key elements. Let's just say,
make it sound professional.)

I've talked with Dan Lynch, who has been a host on 'FLOSS Weekly'[1]
and is a co-host of the infamous 'Linux Outlaws'[2] audiocast. Dan
also is an audio engineer; for example, he does the production for the
"Free as in Freedom"[3] audiocast for Karen Sandler (Software Freedom
Law Center) and Bradley Kuhn (Software Freedom Conservancy). That work
is done using 100% FLOSS, and one of the reasons I contacted him about
an audiocast idea we're working up for theopensourceway.org.

Mel - if you think this is something we might be able to do, I could
intermediate with Matt and Dan to work out the details so we could get
a bid (thus actually knowing if we *can* do it.)

- Karsten

[1] http://twit.tv/floss
[2] http://linuxoutlaws.com/
[3] http://faif.us/
team:   Red Hat Community Architecture & Leadership