[Osdc-edu-authors] SIGCSE session coverage co-ordination

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Tue Mar 8 18:44:05 UTC 2011

> covered. I assume that Mel will cover the openeing keynote of the
> plenary and I think I remember her mentioning the 'Computer scientist
> goes to Washington' address?

Thanks for driving things forward, Grant - *huge* help and awesomeness. :)

The three keynotes are:

* Matthias Felleisen - "TeachScheme!"
* Susan Landau - "A Computer Scientist Goes to Washington: How to be
Effective in a World Where Facts are 10% of the Equation"
* Luis Von Ahn, "Three Human Computation Projects"

Of the three, I'm taking Landau's, so Felleisen and Von Ahn either need
(1) an owner or (2) a conscious decision not to cover it in favor of
something else on the schedule that someone does want to write an
article about. :)

I think that TeachScheme should definitely be covered (Matt, this seems
up your research alley on the programming-languages-for-novice circuit,
but you may already have your hands full with interviews[0]) - not sure
about the last one.

--Mel

[0] Maybe one compromise might be to have someone else take notes, then
get a paragraph or so of insight-braindump from Matt or someone else
who's well-versed in novice coders + programming languages, then merge
the two into an article. Just brainstorming. I might be willing to take
notes, depending on what my schedule ends up looking like.