[Osdc-edu-authors] Had an idea for an article...

Barry Peddycord III ishara at isharacomix.org
Tue Jul 17 20:35:43 UTC 2012

Hey all!

Last week, I went to a conference (the freeLearning conference over at
Appalachian State University), and I attended a talk by a librarian at
the NC School of Science and Math in Durham. Apparently they're putting
together their own OER repository, and their students have also launched
an open-access journal of the work they've done in collaboration with
faculty at nearby universities.

Long story short: I was inspired to start putting together an article on
the subject. I thought it would be both timely and on-topic with the
flow of the recent articles we've been seeing on OER and open-access.
I'm following up with the speaker now to hopefully get an interview.
Since I haven't seen any stories on NCSSM on OSDC, what do you folks
think?

Most sincerely,
Barry Peddycord III
http://opensource.com/users/isharacomix