[Osdc-list] story ideas for Life channel(?)

I have a few that have floated my way.  You might have seen these if
you have a Google alert on the phrase "open source way".

http://www.openfarmtech.org/index.php/Main_Page

  Open Source Ecology is a movement dedicated to the collaborative
  development of tools for replicable, open source, modern off-grid
  "resilient communities." By using [permaculture] and digital
  fabrication together to provide for basic needs and open source
  methodology to allow low cost replication of the entire operation,
  we hope to empower anyone who desires to move beyond the struggle
  for survival and "evolve to freedom."

http://osswatch.jiscinvolve.org/wp/2010/07/14/grow-your-own-veggies-and-keep-an-eye-on-your-neighbours/

  Garden innovation and the open source way.  Worth a republish as-is
  or, rather, with the author in collaboration?  More authors!

http://www.cyber-anthro.com/2010/07/research-results-beta-release/

  At some point, Diana needs to write one or three articles for OSDC.
  I think it might be influenced by academic constraints.

http://www.os-house.org/english/os-house/home

  http://www.rnw.nl/english/article/home-sweet-home-sustainable-way

  Building your own home is normally pretty straightforward - you buy
  the materials, get all the necessary permits, hire the builders and
  obtain a mortgage. Some may also consider the environment by
  bringing sustainable elements into their home, such as solar
  panels. However, no matter how (or where) it's done, building a
  house doesn't come cheap. Until now, that is, as a Dutch aid
  organisation has developed its ideas for affordable, sustainable
  houses for low income countries.

  Open Source Houses is one of them, says Walter Aan de Wiel, project
  manager of Enviu. Cheap houses that are built in developing
  countries by local people using local materials, rather than
  importing these materials from other parts of the world. "We also
  designed these homes with all kinds of smart elements, such as using
  solar energy or wind cooling rather than electric air
  conditioning. The houses are being cooled by their own design".