Re: [Osdc-list] Points system

Am Mittwoch, den 01.12.2010, 12:56 -0500 schrieb Jason Hibbets:
> Hi opensource.com users.
>
> We just posted a discussion on our Facebook page about adding a points
> system to opensource.com -
> http://www.facebook.com/opensourceway?v=app_2373072738#!/topic.php?uid=162962298056&topic=18458
>
> Feel free to help start the conversation there, or, if you'd like, we
> can collect feedback via the mailing list as well.
>
> *Points system*
> We're looking at installing a Drupal point system module on the site.
> What do you think?

Highlighting top contributors seems to work on some sites (e.g.
SDN.sap.com). We did just set up a CMS here in to handle the article
input for our EMEA partner newsletter. I am using userpoints there as
well, but we're just about to use it for the first newsletter now.
I know, it is a quite flexible system, allowing a variety of criteria to
give points or not. the quality of an article can be measured indirectly
(Rating and viewing). So you may give a combination of points for
article contribution and article acceptance.

@Quaid: Here is another interesting one:
http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/eng/tom_chatfield_7_ways_games_reward_the_brain.html

Werner

If anyone of our opensource.com contributors here would be willing to
tell some interesting things to our EMEA partners, let me know.

--
Werner Gold                                    wgold redhat com
Partner Enablement / EMEA                phone: 49.9331.803 855