Re: [Osdc-list] Points system

I don't know about a points system, but I think starting to reward
people who comment often or write articles to show that we recognize
their efforts is a good idea.

This doesn't have to be complicated... For example, if we notice
someone who is writing thoughtful comments on our articles, we might
tag their image with a little banner underneath their picture:

--
John Smith
Top Contributor

We might give anyone who has written an article for the site a permanent badge

--
John Smith
Author

Those are just examples of course.

I think the MIX site does a nice job of this:

http://www.managementexchange.com/

They have multiple categories of relationships with their contributors.

Some are called "Top Mixers" when they contribute lots of great ideas.

Some are named "MIX Guides" (I am one) and that is a more formal role
of highlighting one "moonshot" and also includes the ability to author
blog posts, etc.

Some are "MIX Mavericks," these are the muckety-mucks, thought leaders
like Gary Hamel, Henry Chesbrough, Tim O'Reilly, etc.

Some are MIX Mentors," these are the practitioners right below the
maverick level, people who actually aren't just thought leaders, but
do-ers.

here's a page that shows the way these labels are applied graphically
on the site. Look directly under the people's pictures for the labels:

http://www.managementexchange.com/story

best,

cdg