[Osdc-list] hint.io, desire lines, and Netflix | opensource.com weekly Vol 4, Issue 3

A good week for comments on the site. We posted a few things that sparked a little debate and some conversation. Did you get a chance to say what’s on your mind?

One small thing that you can do this week to help:

* Join us on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/opensourceway

The opensource.com team wants to provide you with a weekly snapshot about what’s happening on the site and remind you of some of the ways that you can participate. [http://opensource.com/participate]

The role of open source in emerging economies: A Malaysian success story
http://opensource.com/government/10/12/role-open-source-emerging-economies-malaysian-success-story
by Michael Tiemann

How deep is our passion for open source?
http://opensource.com/life/10/11/what-our-intensity-open-source Poll:
by Colin Dodd

Gawker's compromised data and the ethics of transparency
http://opensource.com/life/10/12/what-hintio-and-why-are-they-emailing-you What is hint.io?
by Ruth Suehle

The Supreme Court takes a new case on the standard for invalidating patents
http://opensource.com/law/10/12/supreme-court-takes-new-case-standard-invalidating-patents
by Mike Pavento

Operation: Stick Figure Army turns 2D teaching into 3D learning
http://opensource.com/education/10/12/making-future-software-service
by Matt Jadud

Discovering desire lines: How to break down barriers and let paths emerge
http://opensource.com/business/10/12/discovering-desire-lines-how-break-down-barriers-and-let-paths-emerge
by Jonathan Opp

Seven things I would change about my schooling
http://opensource.com/education/10/11/seven-things-i-would-change-about-my-schooling
by Rebecca Fernandez

Netflix completes the open source giving cycle
http://opensource.com/life/10/12/netflix-completes-open-source-giving-cycle
by Jason Hibbets

Your ideas are your assets: Jim Whitehurst on 21st century value
http://opensource.com/business/10/12/your-ideas-are-your-assets-jim-whitehurst-21st-century-value
by Kim Jokisch

Why management innovation is so hard
http://opensource.com/business/10/11/why-management-innovation-so-hard
by Gary Hamel

Open your world forum: transcript of the Bob Sutton webcast
http://opensource.com/business/10/12/open-your-world-forum-transcript-bob-sutton-webcast
by bascha

European Interoperability Framework supports openness
http://opensource.com/government/10/12/european-interoperability-framework-supports-openness
by Mark Bohannon

What is opensource.com? A community for exploring how open source principles like collaboration, transparency, and meritocracy are influencing innovation beyond technology–shaping education, law, business, government, and everyday life.

Project Manager | Brand Communications + Design
Red Hat :: 1801 Varsity Drive :: Raleigh, NC  27606

http://opensource.com -- Where open source multiplies