[Osdc-list] Improving product quality TOSW | o pensource.com review – Vol 2 Issue 7

TOSW = the open source way

We continue to have great feedback on the content from the Open Your World forum [http://opensource.com/life/10/5/spreading-dandelions-open-your-world-recap]. Last week, two highlights from the forum were posted. Karsten ‘quaid’ Wade provides a review of the handbook for practicing the open source way and Richard Fontana talks about the legal foundations of the open source way. Then check out how Pentaho’s CTO, James Dixon, takes a deep dive on improving product quality the open source way. That and more on opensource.com.

Here’s one small thing that you can do this week to help:

* We’re excited to have more than 2,000 people follow us on Twitter [http://twitter.com/opensourceway] and almost 200 subscribers on Identi.ca [http://identi.ca/opensourceway]. Ask your friends to follow @opensourceway to keep up with us. You're already following us, aren't you?

What is opensource.com? A community for exploring how open source principles like collaboration, transparency, and meritocracy are influencing innovation beyond technology–shaping education, law, business, government, and everyday life.

The opensource.com team wants to provide you with a weekly snapshot about what’s happening on the site and remind you of some of the ways that you can participate [http://opensource.com/participate].

Join a conversation today and let us know how we can help you get more from opensource.com.

Handbook for practicing The Open Source Way
http://opensource.com/business/10/6/handbook-practicing-open-source-way
by Karsten 'quaid' Wade

WoW. There went your anonymity.
http://opensource.com/life/10/7/wow-there-went-your-anonymity
by Ruth Suehle

Improving product quality the open source way
http://opensource.com/business/10/6/improving-product-quality-open-source-way
by James Dixon

Spreading the word - A social publishing strategy
http://opensource.com/life/10/7/spreading-word-social-publishing-strategy
by Ruth Suehle

Poll: How do you get your movies?
http://opensource.com/life/10/6/poll-how-do-you-get-your-movies
by Jason Hibbets

The open source way: designed for managing complexity?
http://opensource.com/business/10/6/open-source-way-designed-managing-complexity
by Chris Grams

Legal Foundations of the Open Source Way
http://opensource.com/law/10/7/legal-foundations-open-source-way
by Richard Fontana

A new fix for stock media
http://opensource.com/life/10/7/new-fix-stock-media
by Harrison Weber

--
Jason Hibbets, RHCE :: Twitter: @jhibbets
Project Manager | Brand Communications + Design

http://opensource.com -- Where open source multiplies