Re: [Osdc-list] Open Source Webinar/Webcast Platform?

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 3:51 AM, Chris Morse <chmorse redhat com> wrote:
Hi, folks.

I'll be jumping in on the opensource.com team to help with our email marketing efforts and the creation of a webinar/webcast series to promote the great conversations taking place on OSDC.

What is the nature of webinar ?

Do you want slide+ speaker's audio
or
slides + speaker's audio + speaker's video
or
slides + speaker's audio + speaker's video + audience's audio video

Currently (at our lab) we are working with dvswitch software which is opensource and use for debconf.
dvswitch use DVcameras and forward it to Icecast server.
Icecast server use ogg video which anybody can view and watch using HTML5 browser like mozilla.
I can share the script which convert the webcam and X desktop stream to DV stream. rightnow the whole setup  is having 10-15 second delay when we installed icecast server locally. now i am setting up on my VPS and will check the delay.
One of the innovative work we are trying to do is to make a put slide in html format while screencasting. almost all solution convert slides into video and then push to Internet. hope this will help the 3rd world countries where bandwidth is a problem and we will be able to deliver content over slow links using html slides + audio.

There are may other solution exist which you can compare from wikipedia. but I am not happy with them , they try to use flash.

--
│    Narendra Sisodiya