[Osdc-list] LeBron James, Bilski, and more | opensource.com review – Vol 2 Issue 8

We really started to branch out last week and explore how the open source way is being applied outside of software and technology. Be sure to check out how LeBron James is creating his own management innovation and how Helium is putting an open source twist on journalism. Cooperative success, copyrighting music, brand community vs. community brand, gift economies, and more.

Here’s one small thing that you can do this week to help:

* Join us on FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/opensourcecom/162962298056

What is opensource.com? A community for exploring how open source principles like collaboration, transparency, and meritocracy are influencing innovation beyond technology–shaping education, law, business, government, and everyday life.

The opensource.com team wants to provide you with a weekly snapshot about what’s happening on the site and remind you of some of the ways that you can participate [http://opensource.com/participate].

Join a conversation today and let us know how we can help you get more from opensource.com.

Cooperative success: Understanding the co-op business model
http://opensource.com/business/10/7/cooperative-success-understanding-co-op-business-model
by Rebecca Fernandez

Panel: Copyright Needed In Music, But Should Benefit Musicians
http://opensource.com/life/10/7/panel-copyright-needed-music-should-benefit-musicians
by Ruth Suehle

Do you aspire to build a brand community or a community brand?
http://opensource.com/business/10/7/do-you-aspire-build-brand-community-or-community-brand
by Chris Grams

Bilski and software patents
http://opensource.com/law/10/7/bilski-and-software-patents-0
by Ben Klemens

Participating in a gift economy: Are you giving enough?
http://opensource.com/business/10/7/participating-gift-economy-are-you-giving-enough
by Jonathan Opp

Reminder: Our Life needs you. Write for us.
http://opensource.com/life/10/7/collaborating-life
by Jason Hibbets

Oil spill doomsday debunked. Did peer review journalism fail or succeed?
http://opensource.com/life/10/7/oil-spill-doomsday-debunked-did-peer-review-journalism-fail-or-succeed
by Ruth Suehle

Crafting an open web qualification
http://opensource.com/education/10/6/crafting-open-web-qualification
by Heather James

LeBron James: A management innovator?
http://opensource.com/business/10/7/lebron-james-management-innovator
by Jeff Mackanic
--
Jason Hibbets, RHCE :: Twitter: @jhibbets
Project Manager | Brand Communications + Design

http://opensource.com -- Where open source multiplies