Re: [Osdc-list] Open Source Webinar/Webcast Platform?

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 6:54 PM, Ruth Suehle <rsuehle redhat com> wrote:
Karsten Wade wrote:
http://www.dimdim.com/

We're already planning to try DimDim for our next webinar. It seems like it should work pretty well, maybe even in some ways better than the Thomson Reuters service.

As a OpenStandard Activist, I would suggest not to use dimdim because it use flash (IFAIK) correct me if am wrong.
I respect RedHat a lot. I am already working on similar software which will give minimal functionality. right now you can use icecast server for streaming. DV camera can be grabbed by DV-Switch or DVgrab and then pushed to icecast server. Freenode give a web based IRC channel which can be integrated using Iframe. Almost all new browser has support for Ogg Playback. today I saw Gnome guys sending their streams using webm codec - http://www.guadec.org/index.php/guadec/index

--
│    Narendra Sisodiya