[Osdc-list] From information overload to Dark Ag es 2.0? | opensource.com review – Vol 3 Issue 9

Here is your weekly glimpse of what’s happening on opensource.com. We ended October strong, capping 105,000 page views for the month and seven contributions last week from our open source way friends. Our headline article “From information overload to Dark Ages 2.0?” is from Nuxeo’s Cheryl McKinnon and talks about the long-term preservation of our electronic residue.

One small thing that you can do this week to help:

* Register for the Open Services Innovation webcast with Henry Chesbrough and Gary Hamel broadcasting on Thursday, November 11, 2010 at 1:30pm (EST) [http://bit.ly/b4b8rS]

What is opensource.com? A community for exploring how open source principles like collaboration, transparency, and meritocracy are influencing innovation beyond technology–shaping education, law, business, government, and everyday life.

The opensource.com team wants to provide you with a weekly snapshot about what’s happening on the site and remind you of some of the ways that you can participate. [http://opensource.com/participate

*Articles*

Poll: Giving credit where credit is due
http://opensource.com/business/10/10/poll-giving-credit-where-credit-due
by Rebecca Fernandez

Empowering Natural Leaders in 'Facebook Generation' Ways
http://opensource.com/business/10/10/empowering-natural-leaders-facebook-generation-ways
by Gary Hamel

License compliance is not a problem for open source users
http://opensource.com/law/10/10/license-compliance-not-problem-open-source-users
by Simon Phipps

A radically simple idea: Make your IT change over time to fit your needs.
http://opensource.com/business/10/10/radically-simple-idea-make-your-it-change-over-time-fit-your-needs
by Jesse Paddock

Marketing an open source business
http://opensource.com/business/10/10/marketing-open-source-business
by Tarus Balog

Comparing leadership cultures and creating change
http://opensource.com/business/10/10/comparing-leadership-cultures-and-creating-change
by Jonathan Opp

Open Data, Open Source, and the City of Portland
http://opensource.com/government/10/10/open-data-open-source-and-city-portland
by Deb Bryant

Open education resources: Moving from sharing to adopting
http://opensource.com/education/10/10/open-education-resources-moving-sharing-adopting
by David Wiley

You're making decisions by consensus, but are you collaborating?
http://opensource.com/business/10/10/youre-making-decisions-consensus-are-you-collaborating
by Rebecca Fernandez

From information overload to Dark Ages 2.0?
http://opensource.com/life/10/10/information-overload-dark-ages-20
by Cheryl McKinnon
*On Reddit* http://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/dyw96/from_information_overload_to_dark_ages_20/

Open Services Innovation: An Open Your World Forum webcast with Henry Chesbrough and Gary Hamel
http://opensource.com/business/10/10/open-services-innovation-open-your-world-forum-webcast-henry-chesbrough-and-gary-hame
by Jonathan Opp

Save the world: Answer the FEMA challenge
http://opensource.com/life/10/10/save-world-answer-fema-challenge
by Ruth Suehle

--
Jason Hibbets, RHCE :: Twitter: @jhibbets
Project Manager | Brand Communications + Design

http://opensource.com -- Where open source multiplies