[Osdc-list] Sony chooses open, Charity in the modern age | opensource.com review, Vol 3, Issue 13

It was a short week here in the US as the Thanksgiving holiday was observed last week. There was decent traffic on the site with over 20,000 page views and 8 new posts. We had a new author, Kiran Nigam, write about Cooperative principles can be applied in school settings and an update on the new share buttons recently added to the site.

One small thing that you can do this week to help:

* We’re looking for more Facebook friends, have you joined opensource.com on Facebook yet? [http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/opensourceway]

————————————————————————————————————–

What is opensource.com? A community for exploring how open source principles like collaboration, transparency, and meritocracy are influencing innovation beyond technology–shaping education, law, business, government, and everyday life.

The opensource.com team wants to provide you with a weekly snapshot about what’s happening on the site and remind you of some of the ways that you can participate. [http://opensource.com/participate]

————————————————————————————————————–

*Articles*

Telling the open source story - Part 1
http://opensource.com/life/10/11/telling-open-source-story
by Colin Dodd

How open access to research benefits us all
http://opensource.com/education/10/10/how-open-access-research-benefits-us-all
by Rebecca Fernandez

Theft! A History of Music—Part 1: Plato and all that jazz
http://opensource.com/life/10/11/theft-1-plato-and-all-jazz
by Ruth Suehle

Cooperative principles can be applied in school settings
http://opensource.com/education/10/11/cooperative-principles-can-be-applied-school-settings
by Kiran Nigam

Diaspora private alpha just released
http://opensource.com/life/10/11/diaspora-private-alpha-just-released
by Ruth Suehle

Charity in the modern age: How do I give without getting got?
http://opensource.com/life/10/11/charity-modern-age-how-do-i-give-without-getting-got
by bascha

Making it easier to share
http://opensource.com/should-be/10/11/making-it-easier-share
by Jason Hibbets

Sony chooses open
http://opensource.com/life/10/11/sony-chooses-open
by Ruth Suehle

Project Manager | Brand Communications + Design
Red Hat :: 1801 Varsity Drive :: Raleigh, NC  27606

http://opensource.com -- Where open source multiplies