[Osdc-list] Facebook changes proving open is bet ter | opensource.com review – Vol 3 Issue 6

Here is your weekly glimpse of what’s happening on opensource.com. A good start to October. We're preparing for our next Open Your World webcast on October 21: Culture and Collaboration at Wikipedia with Joseph Reagle, author of “Good Faith Collaboration.”

One small thing that you can do this week to help:

    * Register for the October 21 webcast – http://bit.ly/b81g6A

What is opensource.com? A community for exploring how open source principles like collaboration, transparency, and meritocracy are influencing innovation beyond technology–shaping education, law, business, government, and everyday life.

The opensource.com team wants to provide you with a weekly snapshot about what’s happening on the site and remind you of some of the ways that you can participate. [http://opensource.com/participate]

*Articles*

Poll:  Your reading preferences
http://opensource.com/should-be/10/10/poll-how-do-you-read-new-articles
by Jason Hibbets

Wipeout! Google Wave's inevitable crash
http://opensource.com/business/10/9/wipeout-google-waves-inevitable-crash
by Rebecca Fernandez

911: Can you hear me now?
http://opensource.com/government/10/9/911-can-you-hear-me-now
by Melanie Chernoff

TEDx branding: A legal point of view
http://opensource.com/law/10/10/tedx-branding-legal-point-view
by Pam Chestek

Five questions about open innovation, open source, and NASA with Molly Dix of RTI
http://opensource.com/business/10/9/five-questions-about-open-innovation-open-source-and-nasa-with-molly-dix-of-rti
by Chris Grams

Content management and the open source way with CEO of NIXTY, Part 2
http://opensource.com/education/10/9/content-management-and-open-source-way-ceo-nixty-part-2
by Mary Ann

Facebook changes proving open is better
http://opensource.com/life/10/10/facebook-not-titled-yet
by Travis Kepley

Mobile phone mashups: Imitation becomes innovation in China
http://opensource.com/business/10/9/mobile-phone-mashups-imitation-becomes-innovation-china
by Rebecca Fernandez

Applying the open source software model to the world of filmmaking
http://opensource.com/life/10/10/applying-open-source-software-model-world-filmmaking
by Ruth Suehle

Does the market need freedom, or is it modern sharecropping?
http://opensource.com/life/10/10/does-market-need-freedom-or-it-modern-sharecropping
by Ruth Suehle

--
Jason Hibbets, RHCE :: Twitter: @jhibbets
Project Manager | Brand Communications + Design

http://opensource.com -- Where open source multiplies