--
Rebecca Fernandez, Corporate Writer
cell: 919.931.4957  rebeccagfernandez gmail com

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 3:28 PM, Mel Chua <mel redhat com> wrote:
Hi, folks - wanted to chime in on this... Kevin's a friend of mine from Gallaudet, and reminded me that opensource.com is not yet accessible to those who need captioning for video.

We *can* crowdsource the work - I'm not asking the video producers to add more work to their plate for what I know is already a labor-intensive thing. But I would like to know... if volunteers stepped up with time and skill, what would need to happen to make captions possible with the system that osdc is using for video?

This is a partially selfish question, by the way. For those of you who don't yet know, I'm deaf. :)

--Mel

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Open and Closed -- Closed-captions for opensource.com videos?
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 16:46:11 -0400
From: Kevin Cole <kevin cole gallaudet edu>
To: Mel Chua <mel melchua com>

Hi,

I figured you may want to add your voice (or apply pressure to the
right nerves of the powers-that-be) regarding video content posted to
opensource.com, given both your contacts, and a vested interest in the
outcome. ;-)

http://opensource.com/education/10/9/open-source-goes-high-school#comment-2584

--
 Kevin Cole                    |  Key ID: 0xE6F332C7   (GPG/PGP)
 Gallaudet University          |     WWW: http://research.gallaudet.edu/~kjcole/

       Linux: The flagship of Free, Open Source Software (FOSS)