From: "Mel Chua" <mel redhat com>
To: "Mike Esser" <messer redhat com>, osdc-list redhat com
Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2010 3:28:28 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: [Osdc-list] Fwd: Open and Closed -- Closed-captions for opensource.com videos?

Hi, folks - wanted to chime in on this... Kevin's a friend of mine from
Gallaudet, and reminded me that opensource.com is not yet accessible to
those who need captioning for video.

We *can* crowdsource the work - I'm not asking the video producers to
add more work to their plate for what I know is already a
labor-intensive thing. But I would like to know... if volunteers stepped
up with time and skill, what would need to happen to make captions
possible with the system that osdc is using for video?

This is a partially selfish question, by the way. For those of you who
don't yet know, I'm deaf. :)

--Mel