[Osdc-list] improving theopensourceway.org message

It's gotten so people, sometimes even me, are confused about what
theopensourceway.org is for - is it just a place for a handbook, or is
it much more?

I hope this begins to answer, "So much more":

http://theopensourceway.org

What do you think?

How does this feel as a counter-part, sister-site to opensource.com?

* opensource.com tells the many stories about applying the open source
  way practice to different domains of interest.

* theopensourceway.org is the community of practice for those
  interested in the larger discussions and work of how and why we
  apply the open source way in different domains of interest.

Background ...

Recently, our team had an in-person meeting and we pounded anvils
about what 'the open source way-the-mission' meant to us as a team,
and how that fits with what has been and what should be on
theopensourceway.org-the-website (aka tosw.org.)

The idea with tosw.org is that we are creating an upstream community
where the practice of the open source way can be defined, discussed,
refined, documented, journaled, tooled, learned-from, and
taught-to.

Bottom line: we want to help grow practitioners of the open source
way.

Some of the tools we use in pursuit of that goal are POSSE and
Teaching Open Source, the handbook "The Open Source Way: Creating and
nurturing communities of contributors", community consulting with
resulting processes and tools, and so forth. By putting those in a
commons at tosw.org, we are trying to gather momentum (critical mass)
amongst people we see working more as solo practitioners with a more
tenuous connection to the open source way as a movement beyond
software.

... and that all means it's probably time for me to start writing some
of this down as opensource.com articles ...

- Karsten
team:   Red Hat Community Architecture & Leadership
uri:             http://communityleadershipteam.org
                        http://TheOpenSourceWay.org