[Osdc-list] 11/28 - 12/1 opensource.com update - new traffic record

Hi Everyone,

November was our highest traffic month of all time -> 139,000 page views.
Thanks to our community or readers, writers, commenter's...everyone!

== 11/28 ==
New Articles:
Simon Phipps: The Open Source Procurement Toolkit: Still crippled by "free"
<http://opensource.com/government/11/11/open-source-procurement-toolkit-still-crippled-free>

Amelia: 10gen offers prizes for MongoDB Community Champion, Innovative Application, and Core Contributor
<http://opensource.com/life/11/11/10gen-offers-prizes-mongodb-community-awards>

page views: 4,674
comments: 15
twitter:  +15  (5,400)
Facebook:  +3  (2,470)
RSS:  +1  (2,122)

== 11/29 ==
Take the new poll:Poll: Your favorite open source gift
<http://opensource.com/life/11/11/poll-your-favorite-open-source-gift>

New articles:
Dana Blankenhorn: The importance of Wikipedia
<http://opensource.com/business/11/11/importance-wikipedia>

Tavis Kepley: How we almost lost Doom 3 and id for good
<http://opensource.com/life/11/11/we-almost-lost-doom-3-id-for-good>

Eric Christensen: Building an Emergency Alert System for the 21st century
<http://opensource.com/life/11/11/building-emergency-alert-system-21st-century>

page views: 7,349
comments:  23
twitter:  +6  (5,406)
Facebook:  +2  (2,472)
RSS:  +3  (2,125)

== 11/30 ==
New Articles:
David Eaves: International open data hackathon--It’s coming together
<http://opensource.com/government/11/11/international-open-data-hackathon-its-coming-together>

Sebastian Dziallas: Open source and faculty motivation
<http://opensource.com/education/11/11/open-source-and-faculty-motivation>

page views: 4,673
comments:  12
twitter:  +12  (5,418)
Facebook:  +3  (2,475)
RSS:  +1  (2,126)
entries for gift giveaway:  234

== 12/1 ==
New Article:
Lori Mehen: Open source cancer research
<http://opensource.com/health/11/11/open-source-cancer-research>

Rebecca Fernandez: New report: Communities of passion
<http://opensource.com/business/11/11/new-report-communities-passion>

page views: 3,747
comments:  0
twitter:  +4  (5,422)