[Osdc-list] Telling the open source story | opensource.com weekly Vol 4, Issue 10

We're trying something new this week, we’re sending this out on Friday instead. Enjoy all the great articles from this week.

One small thing that you can do to help:

    * Help improve opensource.com – take our reader survey
    * http://opensource.com/life/11/1/looking-input-our-first-reader-survey

The opensource.com team wants to provide you with a weekly snapshot about what's happening on the site and remind you of some of the ways that you can participate. [http://opensource.com/participate]

*This week's articles*

An anthropologist's view of an open source community - by Ruth Suehle
http://opensource.com/life/11/1/anthropologists-view-open-source-community

Tell us your favorite part of the celebration - by Jason Hibbets
http://opensource.com/should-be/11/1/tell-us-your-favorite-part-celebration

Intersection of core values in open source and domain driven design - by Daniel Doubrovkine
http://opensource.com/life/11/1/intersection-core-values-open-source-and-domain-driven-design

Six ways to build a solid community - by Rebecca Fernandez
http://opensource.com/business/11/1/six-ways-build-solid-community

Why work? - by Tom Malone
http://opensource.com/business/10/11/why-work

Telling the open source story - Part 2 - by Colin Dodd
http://opensource.com/life/11/1/telling-open-source-story-part-2

GreenXchange, a commons for the global commons, turns one - by Art Seavey
http://opensource.com/government/11/1/greenxchange-commons-global-commons-turns-one

*Hot topic* - A possible game changer for invalidating bad software patents - by Rob Tiller
http://opensource.com/law/11/2/possible-game-changer-invalidating-bad-software-patents

Will reading your doctor's notes make you healthier? - by Lori Mehen
http://opensource.com/life/11/2/will-reading-your-doctors-notes-make-you-healthier

Critical thinking: Why our students need it and resources for teaching it - by Rebecca Fernandez
http://opensource.com/education/11/1/critical-thinking-why-our-students-need-it-and-resources-teaching-it

*About*
What is opensource.com? A community for exploring how open source principles like collaboration, transparency, and meritocracy are influencing innovation beyond technology–shaping education, law, business, government, and everyday life.

Project Manager | Brand Communications + Design
Red Hat :: 1801 Varsity Drive :: Raleigh, NC  27606

http://opensource.com -- Where open source multiplies