[Osdc-list] Mashing up library data with open source | opensource.com weekly Vol 4, Issue 6

We’re kind of anxious. In about two weeks, opensource.com will celebrate our 1-year anniversary. We’ve got some great stuff in the works, so stay tuned. We’re open to suggestions on how to celebrate and hope that celebration includes the most important part of our community…you.

One small thing that you can do this week to help:

* Join our 1,500 fans on Facebook [http://www.facebook.com/pages/opensourcecom/162962298056]

The opensource.com team wants to provide you with a weekly snapshot about what’s happening on the site and remind you of some of the ways that you can participate. [http://opensource.com/participate]

*Last week's articles*

    * Mashing up library data with open source – by Nicole C. Engard
	http://opensource.com/life/11/1/mashing-library-data-open-source

    * Code for America: A New Kind of Public Service – by Abhi Nemani
	http://opensource.com/government/10/12/code-america-new-kind-public-service

    * Anti-openness gifts: An open advocate’s confessions – by Ruth Suehle
	http://opensource.com/life/11/1/anti-openness-gifts-open-advocates-confessions

    * What’s your leadership multiplier? – by John Adams
	http://opensource.com/business/10/12/whats-your-leadership-multiplier

    * Copyrights vs. human rights – by Simon Phipps
	http://opensource.com/law/11/1/copyrights-vs-human-rights

* To tweet or not to tweet: How companies are reining in social media – by Rebecca Fernandez
	http://opensource.com/business/10/12/five-ways-companies-are-handling-social-media

    * Are you an expert in building communities? Prove it. – by Chris Grams
	http://opensource.com/business/11/1/are-you-expert-building-communities-prove-it

    * Transparency in energy usage – by Jason Hibbets
	http://opensource.com/life/11/1/transparency-energy-usage

    * Creating the high-trust organization – by John Mackey
	http://opensource.com/business/10/11/creating-high-trust-organization

* GROUND LAB Part 3: How open source objectively affected our development process – by Justin Downs
	http://opensource.com/business/10/9/ground-lab-part-3-how-open-source-objectively-affected-our-development-process

What is opensource.com? A community for exploring how open source principles like collaboration, transparency, and meritocracy are influencing innovation beyond technology–shaping education, law, business, government, and everyday life.

Project Manager | Brand Communications + Design
Red Hat :: 1801 Varsity Drive :: Raleigh, NC  27606

http://opensource.com -- Where open source multiplies