[Osdc-list] Google kills H.264 in Chrome | opensource.com weekly Vol 4, Issue 7

One week to go until we celebrate our 1-year anniversary. We've got some
great stuff in the works, so stay tuned.

Hint: if you're on our newsletter, you'll get a heads-up on our
exclusive, one-year T-shirt giveaway. Sign-up now if you aren't already:
http://opensource.com/email-newsletter

One small thing that you can do this week to help:

* Vote on our 2010 People's Choice Award [http://opensource.com/life/11/1/vote-2010-peoples-choice-award]

The opensource.com team wants to provide you with a weekly snapshot
about what's happening on the site and remind you of some of the ways
that you can participate. [http://opensource.com/participate]

*Last week's articles*

Open source film making with Todd Harris - by Beverly Pearl
http://opensource.com/life/11/1/open-source-film-making-todd-harris

We're about to find out if companies mean what's in their mission
statements - by Andrew McAfee
http://opensource.com/business/10/11/were-about-find-out-if-companies-mean-whats-their-mission-statements

U.S. Administration's 'Technology Neutrality' Announcement Welcome News
- by Mark Bohannon
http://opensource.com/government/11/1/us-administrations-technology-neutrality-announcement-welcome-news

A hazy shade of value: Software patents just took a hit - by Erick Robinson
http://opensource.com/law/11/1/hazy-shade-value-software-patents-just-took-hit

Open source returns integrity to science - by Michael Tiemann
http://opensource.com/life/11/1/open-source-returns-integrity-science

Google kills H.264 in Chrome - by Ruth Suehle
http://opensource.com/life/11/1/google-kills-h264-chrome

Remixing Euclid - by Greg DeKoenigsberg
http://opensource.com/education/11/1/remixing-euclid

Nollywood and the copyright conundrum - by Rob Tiller
http://opensource.com/law/11/1/nollywood-and-copyright-conundrum

One tweet *can* change the world - by Bill Ferriter
http://opensource.com/education/11/1/one-tweet-can-change-world

Open Source for America releases Federal Open Technology Report Card -
by Melanie Chernoff
http://opensource.com/government/11/1/open-source-america-releases-federal-open-technology-report-card

/What is opensource.com? A community for exploring how open source
principles like collaboration, transparency, and meritocracy are
influencing innovation beyond technology--shaping education, law,
business, government, and everyday life./

Project Manager | Brand Communications + Design
Red Hat :: 1801 Varsity Drive :: Raleigh, NC  27606

http://opensource.com -- Where open source multiplies