[Osdc-list] Points and badges are live

Hi moderators and team,

Just a quick update on the changes that went live tonight. The points and badge system is in place, you can read more about it here: http://opensource.com/points-and-badges

If you happen to find any bugs, please contact me so that we can get them corrected as soon as possible.
Thanks,
Jason

Here are a few things that I've reported that I've noticed didn't make the transition from development:

- a new user gets a notification "newbie badge removed from user" during the first few points
- thumbs are missing from comments
- admins do not have the ability to hand out badges
- user do not have the ability to rank badges
- notification "Sorry, you have reached the maximum number of 10 points you can be awarded in one day." appears more than once if you continue to earn points
- some of our rules for badges didn't make it:
-- a user who is already registered with the site and then logs back in, should become a community member instead of a newbie, is awarded 10 points, and gets a full profile -- any user who is registered with the site before midnight on Jan 25th should be assigned the Founding Members badge -- any user who has authored content-type article, should get an Author badge

Project Manager | Brand Communications + Design
Red Hat :: 1801 Varsity Drive :: Raleigh, NC  27606

http://opensource.com -- Where open source multiplies